Wednesday 19 December 2007

Music of the day (Christmas Series)

Christmas Music is normally dire...

Apart from Carols and Classics, contemporary attempts are normally banal fluff (Fairytale of New York Excepted!)

But... back in 2000 XFM (UK based radio station) asked some (then) leading indie and alternative bands to either cover a Christmas song or write one. The result It's a Cool Cool Christmas raised money for charity and finally produced a Christmas album worth having...

I went into the Glasgow church one Christmas to prepare it for a Christmas program. After the service we were going to have a big "Christmas dinner/potluck/international food fest" and then after sunset games, etc. A few of us went in on Friday to get the hall decorated, etc (I even made a gingerbread model of the church) and I tool the CD in to play on the sound system... however, I forgot about it in the CD player. The next morning the head deacon arrived and went to switch on the sound system in order to play the CD he had left in from the week before... It wasn't the Bach he was expecting... luckily I managed to get my CD out before it got embarrassing!

The problem is finding any videos from the album,. It has little gems which were never released anywhere else...

So here is (because I can't find any thing else from the album on youtube...The Dandy Warhols and Little Drummer Boy

No comments: