Friday 7 December 2007

Tomorrow's sermon

I'm supposed to be preaching tomorrow- it's the first time I've done that in year. Here's the problem. I'm having difficulty preparing. I'm not able to get into my old routines, I'm not in touch with any of the issues in the church...

But to make it worse, this hasn't been a good week. I've been struggling to concentrate, I have been getting headaches, etc... so at the moment I have an order of service, a title, and the first 3 words...

To make matter worse, my mind isn't working so well and I can't trust my memory, so I need to have it all written out...

This is not looking good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Andrew, talk about something you enjoy, we like warm sermons at christmas time, people will want to know about your health too. If you can't talk for too long throw in an extra song - a Christmassy one. What ever you say will be appreciated because people love you. I wish you were with us tomorrow. The boys always enjoyed your talks for children.

JP said...

I'm sure it will be allright.
From all the preachers I listened to when I was in Edinburgh, you were probably one of the best, Short but efficient talk, I think I listened to most of them from an end to another without sleeping,
And I believe it's like riding a bike, you can't forget enough to become really bad, the only problem is you might enjoy it...
(I just realised, I hadn't put RSS for your blog on my Safari...what a shame!!! It's fixed now)

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew.. so, how did the sermon go? You probably don't remember me by name only, so here's a clue: Come from Denmark, My father went to Newbold at the same time as you. (his name is David) I was a kid then. I came and visited you in the little house next to Binfield Hall. Anyhow.. just wondering how you are doing.