Thursday 13 March 2008

Update

Well its been a mixture of ups and downs...

On the plus side I'm able to do a little more and I'm feeling up to using the car so I'm getting out and about a bit more.

On the down side, I'm still getting really bad headaches, have no stamina, and a recent session with the physio reminded me that all my muscles have practically withered away. Also my immune system is so low that in the last 6 weeks or so I've had 3 colds that have knocked me back like flue and sent me to bed!

We've almost got the house ready and its on the market... no one has shown an interest yet. Hopefully soon, I need to get out of here.

I still use ... far too much- I've gotten lazy.

My mind's finally started to work- I've written a short introduction to Radical Orthodoxy for the Spectrum site.

I might have finally gotten somewhere with my sick pay. I've finally had my employment terminated on grounds of health. Which means I should get paid notice and should now be able to claim the correct benefit.

I still look wishfully at climbing sites/videos/magazines and wish I was well enough to go climb... especially as it looks like a great winter season and I really used to like grabbing the ice axes and strapping on the crampons...

Anyway, lets hope things keep improving...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any interest in your flat, Andrew?
Hope you are feeling well today.

Andrew said...

Hi, thanks, I'm feeling a little better, but it still swings between Ok,and not so good.

No real interest (only one viewing), which is a worry as I really can't afford to stay here from around May onwards... sadly the "credit crunch" is making banks cautious so first time buyers are struggling to get mortgages... which means that although prices have stayed the same,interest is a little lower... please keep the flat in your thoughts/prayers as I'm starting to get a little worried.

I'm going away for a few days which should be nice... just a necessary trip down south which is an excuse to stay away for a night (and maybe detour)-I just hope I stay ok to drive!

Remind David that I still want to see you all-sometime in the middle of April maybe- when I get back I'll pull out the diary (not that I'm over-subscribed at the moment)!

I hope all is well with you all- I do keep thinking of you all.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.